Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Budget Wedding

About a month ago I was surfing through pinterest when I came across this image that has been floating around...



Now, I'm no stranger to the massive cost of weddings; I've watched my fair share of Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings.  But the way this image was worded is what really bothered me.  It's as if you really have no other choice than to fork over $5,000 for an engagement ring and $1,000 for a wedding dress.  I realize there are couples out there who are able and willing to spend $27,000+ on their wedding--more power to you!  But not everyone is able and willing.

I am one of them.  The annual salary in my household is less than the cost of the average wedding and I'm completely unwilling to take up a credit card or two in order to finance that "perfect" wedding.   From the beginning my fiance and I knew we wanted a low budget wedding but we weren't entirely sure how to make it happen.  I'm still not entirely sure how we're going to make it happen, but I know with some creativity, help, and compromise it's entirely possible.

My wedding budget is $2,500 tops.  My goal is to come in under my budget by several hundred dollars.

And I'd love to share my journey and knowledge with all you men and women who, like me, don't want to throw away money to achieve that perfect day.  After all, how much money you put into your wedding does not increase your chances for a long, happy marriage (or even having a perfect wedding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment