Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Photographers

I'm feeling pretty frustrated today.  About a week and a half ago I was doing some research on photographers and came across Wedding Bug.  I was absolutely thrilled because the images they posted were brilliant (and suited to my very picky tastes) and had two packages within my budget.  Needless to say I was completely on board!

Today I finally got a hold of them and they let me know that they do not allow their photographers to meet with the bride/groom before the wedding.  So...they just show up and you hope they take good pictures.  I'm sorry but that's a risk too big for me to take.  And because I'm such a visual person AND I'm into photography, having a great photographer who really gets me is vastly important.  I really want that relationship with them.

Needless to say I'm not finding anything under $1,000.  And I can't tell you how frustrating this is.  I tried pushing the photography budget up by $500 to be $1,000 and that would push us over our $2,500 budget no matter what.

So now I have to keep doing research and brainstorm.  Maybe I'll find someone in my budget for that price.  If not I really have to make sacrifices in the budget to make this work.  And that sucks...

I realize, though, that photographers are trying to live off of their price packages.  So I understand why they're so pricey.  But for people like me, who really don't have $1,500 to spend on photography...it just sucks.

I knew my picky tastes would come to bite me in the butt but it's getting really frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could post an ad on craigslist or at a local college? I found an excellent photographer who worked for my startup, for free. (before anyone gets upset we were super broke and I didn't get paid either, lol.) He wanted to gain more experience doing live photography, and build his portfolio. We knew his pictures were great beforehand because he posted his work online, and he's still a buddy of mine! People he photographed for my business even paid him to do some photo's for them as well so it worked out well.

    ReplyDelete